Lead Hand – Shipping & Receiving
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada – near Toronto Pearson International Airport
A leading premier one-stop laser cutting, metal bending welding and metal fabrication shop has an immediate opening for a full time position as a Lead Hand – Shipping & Receiving. The company specializes in cutting, welding, forming and assembling of raw materials.
Our recognized entrepreneurial business approach cultivates a collaborative work environment that supports and strengthens our market reputation for quality products and timely innovative solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with Production Staff to ensure Shipping Schedule is being followed and work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Scheduling couriers, maintaining shipping records, including tracking and shipping history information
- Standard Shipping & Receiving duties including verification of items received with a corresponding purchase order
- Operating and/or delegating off/on-load products utilizing available pallet jacks, forklifts etc.
- Responsible for shipping area warehouse management and inventory control
- Other duties/Tasks related to Shipping/Receiving as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Shipping and Receiving required
- Experience in Manufacturing, more specifically with companies in the metal manufacturing components industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience operating a forklift
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Assertive personality with strong self-discipline and sense of urgency
Please submit your resume by email to: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time